That makes eight years living in New York City.
Here are eight things I know to be true:
1. The boys are always prettier than you. No matter how much you contour they got you beat. Deal with it.
2. Dominican salons give the best blowouts.
3. The uptown 4 express is always crowded no matter what time of day.
4. My life can only operate around two boroughs. If you live in Brooklyn it's most likely we won't be close friends.
5. No NYer wants to pick you up from the airport. That's what Lyft or uber is for.
6. Eight years living in an Irish neighborhood and I still don't know what the heck you are saying.
7. No NYer has time to be your personal tourist or "show you around town for a day." That's what trip advisor, yelp, and Siri are for. Most of us are trying to make a living or stuck on the train.
8. The more I drive in cabs the more I'm convinced I'm going to die in one.
*Bonus Tip* We are all high functioning with anxiety. The city stresses us out, yet calms us and inspires us. There is no other place I'd rather be. I love you NYC ❤